You are here

Transfer Instructions for University Offices and Departments

An important message for our University partners:

Due to a renovation of the Mudd Library and temporary staff reassignments, we are requesting University offices and departments to postpone sending any material to the University Archives. We will resume accepting transfers when we are situated in our temporary space and can properly address them, most likely in the summer of 2020. If this delay poses any unreasonable difficulty or if you have questions, please contact the University Records Manager, Anne Marie Phillips. Thank you for your understanding and support. Visit our website for the latest information on the renovation.

1.  Call the University Archives at 8-6345 to let us know that you would like to transfer records and to discuss whether the records you wish to transfer are permanent historical records. The University Archives accepts only records that document the permanent historical record of the University. The University Archives accepts paper documents, audio-visual materials, photographs, and digital records.

2.  Submit a Transfer Form. If you are transferring paper records and your transfer contains more than one box, complete and attach an inventory form to the Transfer Form. When completing the transfer form for digital records, be sure to complete the Technical Information section as well.

3. Read the instructions to transfer paper records or the instructions to transfer digital records.

4.  If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact us via email.

Downloadable Documents