For summer, holidays or recess hours, please consult the full schedule.
History of Firestone Library
The Harvey S. Firestone Memorial Library opened in 1948 as the first large American university library constructed after World War II. Roughly 1.5 million volumes were moved during the summer of 1948 from Pyne and Chancellor Green Halls, which until then had served as the University's main library. The library building was expanded in 1971 and again in 1988 and currently has more than 70 miles (110 km) of bookshelves, making Firestone one of the largest open-stack libraries in existence. Though not the largest university library in the world, the library has more books per enrolled student than that of any other university in the United States.
Group Study Rooms
Tiger Tea Room
The Tiger Tea Room at Firestone Library is open M–F, 11:30a–6:30p. For more information, visit the Campus Dining website.