to Cat Record
First Piece Check
MCS Check In
Check In Tips
Series Checks in Voyager
Vendor Reports for Serials
When checking in a piece of a continuation, you must find and examine
the record, attach a component pattern if necessary, check in the piece
in Acquisitions, and add the piece to the catalog record. Therefore you
must have both acquisitions and cataloging modules open.
This process consists of the following steps:
Find and verify the order
- Examine the piece in hand and the accompanying invoice, packing
slip, mail label, etc. and verify that it is addressed to the Serial/Continuations
Unit, Princeton University Library.
- In Acquisitions, search for the purchase order using the bibliographic
information option, preferably the Titles Bib index or the Journal
- Check the order(s) for the following:
- PO type continuation
- Site Acqser
- Vendor name and address match the invoice or packing material
; issue number matches
- Line item status of Received complete means a component
has been added ; status of Approved/Sent means you will need to
add a component to check in the piece.
- Details display
Notes be sure to read and understand all notes;
some notes (such as cancellations) mean you should not check
in the piece. Ask supervisor if you have any questions.
Fund should be a Standing order object code if
you have an invoice in hand with a charge on it.
[Continuations Check In] [Verify
Cat Record] [Check
In/Mark Piece] [Add
to Cat Record] [Finish